WHY YOUR SHOPIFY STORE NEEDS AN FAQ PAGE
A frequently asked questions (FAQ) page may be the most important asset in a company website. Having one can help increase your communication and reliability with customers, improve SEO, and most importantly, it can help you save time. Here’s everything you need to know about having an FAQ page.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING A FAQ PAGE?
- Increase your conversion rates: When you’re working in e-commerce, you must make sure that you can do as much as you can to encourage people to become paying customers. A FAQ page helps to get rid of barriers between the company and the customer. If you’re a small brand, a lot of people don’t buy if they don’t know anything about it, because they don’t fully trust it. This FAQ page is great to build that sense of trust and answer each question the customer has.
- Make less work for you: Most people have the same type of questions about products and policies. Having that page of frequently asked questions is an excellent way to optimize your customer service. This allows you to answer the most repeated questions among consumers quickly.
- Showcase your knowledge: A frequently asked questions page is the best place to show that you know about your brand and the best way to build your credibility. You can use it to answer regular questions, showing your customers that you have thought this through and they might need more information.
- Become an expert at content marketing: Content marketing means that you know how to use tools such as text, images, website, social media and more to produce organic visits from people interested in what you have to offer. Having a content marketing strategy includes having content produced under the same line and purpose, such as blogs and publications on frequent social networks that can help you map your business in the main search engines.
WHAT SHOULD A GOOD FAQ PAGE CONSIST OF?
A FAQ page basically is a page where you write the most important questions about your brand and your products. If you were a customer of your own brand, what would you like to know more? Your FAQ page is the best place to put real-life questions customers have asked you.
- Categories: Create simple categories with answers and specific questions for them. Categories also allow search functionality. This allows customers to easily find what they are looking for.
- How can they use their products?: Not all companies need this, but if you do, this may interest you. If you’re selling something people are unfamiliar with and people haven’t tried it yet, or it's something that takes instructions, a FAQ page is the best solution for this.
- Answer specific questions: Think from the perspective of a customer when you’re writing your FAQs. This is important to help them compare different products.
- Your sales proposal must stand out: Your FAQs aren’t necessarily the best way to push hard sales, but it’s a good opportunity to talk about what makes you stand out. You can ask questions like someone who decides what you want. Talking directly creates a link between you and your customers.
- Payment, shipping, and return policies: This applies especially to online stores. A FAQ page is great to give all the information about shipping, return policies, refunds, etc.
- Legal restrictions: If the product you’re selling has any type of restriction, such as age or copyrights, this is a good place to talk about them to customers. The same goes for warranties and more things you might offer. Also, you could put legal disclaimers or requirements in simple language and more specific rules.
- Personality: This is a chance to show customers who you are as a brand. Everything you write is part of the branding, so the FAQ should be written in a similar form.
- Contact info and links: FAQs are excellent for sharing information about some products where you can share links directly. This could apply to a product, about you, or easy to find information.
SOME SHORTCUTS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
- Don’t fill the FAQs by yourself
You’re not the first one to have a FAQs, and that’s great. If you need to know how a FAQ page looks like in your industry, just Google FAQs + product/industry and you’ll find a starting point for you. if you can find your competitor's page, then you’ll know how you can improve your SEO.
- User-generated content strategies for your FAQ
Instead of you being the one who supplies the answers, leave it to the customers. You can create a Q & A forum or a forum regarding specific products.
- Add a search bar on your site
Your FAQ page should be easy to navigate, and you also want visitors to search directly for what interests them. Do not forget to install a search bar on your site. When you have one, you can do a keyword search that could show customers what they are looking for, giving you information on what are the answers you are not including on your frequently asked questions page.
Do you currently have an FAQ page in your Shopify store? Comment below and let us know!